We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Functions from JRXML

rita_dewan

I have couple of queries.

1. I wish to know that, can I call Oracle functions from detail/summery section of JRXML using expressions or other mechanism so that I can use the value returned by function as an element in report/graph.

2. How to add a graph in Title section. I tried but it generates NullPointerException.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Does the Oracle function you want to call return a set of rows in a cursor, or a single value? We have a sample Oracle specific data set in the Project section of this Forge which can call stored procedures and functions that return cursors. If you really need only a single value it should be fairly easy to take that source and modify it to return a value instead of result set.

If you want to but the value in just the footer you will need a second data set to trigger the call to seperate query, so you will need to put the call to the function in a subreport.

2) Try setting the eval time to "Report". Make sure the data set for the chart isn't empty. (You can use a printWhenExpression to replace the chart with an error message when there are no rows of data.)

-Barry

Thanks alot 'bklawans' for your kind response. This gives me some pointers and I will look into more details of sub-reports and eval-time attribute.

I have various functions to call at various positions of report and few returns cursors and others single value like boolean,integer etc.