We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Chart in detail band

mkrumpak

Hi,

I could not find the answer to my question in recent postings...

My report has a bar chart in the detail band. The chart graphs two values from the detail band.

The problem is that the chart does not get updated with data from each detail band and that the same chart is displayed each time.

Is there a way to correct this? Am I missing a setting?

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what caused your initial issue, you should post the JRXML fragment if this is still relevant. Did the chart have a delayed evaluation type?

Regarding the subreport solution, you should be able to achieve the same output by using a subdataset and keeping the chart in the main report. This would be easier to manage (only one JRXML) and would have better performance.

Regards,

Lucian

Thank you for your comments. I will try the subdataset approach if performance becomes a problem.

Just to clarify the issue: the report has a chart in detail band. When different records are displayed in the detail band, the chart should be updated (redrawn) with new record information, but it is not.

One approach to fixing this behavior is to put the chart in a subreport. Other is suggested by lucianc.

Cheers,

Miha

Funny, I just ran into this yesterday. Lucian, lets chat on Monday and see if we can figure out what the problem is. In my case it appears that the engine is acting like the evaluation time is "Report" even though I've set it to "Now". Ever row has the data for the last row.

Its fairly easy to reproduce - put a meter in the detail band showing one of the values in the row. All the meters show the same value.

I'll double check the ValueDataSet code to make sure I'm handling the resets properly.

-Barry