question about subreport sample

jo_atman

Folks,

I'm looking at the samples, and i was checking out the subreports sample, and either i don't understand how it works, or something is missing or both.

The zip file contained the following files:

MasterReport.html

MasterReport.jrxml

MasterReport.pdf

Shouldn't there be a jrxml or something for the subreport part? basically i can't figure out where the subreport text is coming from. e.g.

in the left column it says, "Products ordered by people in <City>", and on the right side it says, "Addresses in <city>", but i don't see this text in the MasterReport.jrxml.

Thanks,

Nilesh

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

jo_atman wrote:

Folks,
I'm looking at the samples, and i was checking out the subreports sample, and either i don't understand how it works, or something is missing or both.
The zip file contained the following files:
MasterReport.html
MasterReport.jrxml
MasterReport.pdf

Shouldn't there be a jrxml or something for the subreport part? basically i can't figure out where the subreport text is coming from. e.g.
in the left column it says, "Products ordered by people in <City>", and on the right side it says, "Addresses in <city>", but i don't see this text in the MasterReport.jrxml.

Thanks,
Nilesh

Nilesh,

for the "products", the text "Products ordered by people in <City>" is coming from "MasterReport.jrxml" (line # 195) and "ProductReport.jrxml". A similar situation holds for the "addresses".

Tim

the text is coming from the subreports,

Tim,

then i must be missing something. My masterreport.jrxml is only 110 lines long, so it doesn't have line 195.

Also, you speak of a productReport.jrxml, which wasn't in the zip file i downloaded.

i have attached my subreport sample zip file.

could you somehow send me the zip you have? [file name=masterreport.zip size=48211]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/masterreport.zip[/file]

Tim,

On an unrelated topic, I apologize for "decreasing your karma". i had no idea what those thumbs up/down icons were, and i thought it would give me info on those, and instead, it "decreased your karma", whatever that means. i had no intention of doing that.