JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Compiler Performance

2006 IR Open Dicussion

By: Gareth Davies - telcontar4

Compiler Performance

2006-06-06 12:20

I recently upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2.x and have noticed a significant performance dropoff with report compilation. The problem was pretty much the same with all 1.2.x versions, both using the Windows installer (I'm running XP Pro) and extracting from the ZIP archive. For a report with 3 fields and 2 rows, it takes almost 60 seconds for iReport to compile it! Using Task Manager, I can see that the java process never uses more than about 68MB of RAM. Has anyone else observed this (and resolved the issue?)

RE: Compiler Performance - 1.1.0 and 1.2.2

2006-06-06 13:19

It now appears that iReport 1.1.0 suffers from the same abysmal performance as 1.2.0, 1.2.1 and 1.2.3. However, 1.2.2 (when installed via ZIP extraction) performs just fine - it's problem is that it doesn't load the Classpath entries correctly on startup, so I have to re-enter them every session...

RE: Compiler Performance - 1.1.0 and 1.2.2

2006-06-06 13:19

It now appears that iReport 1.1.0 suffers from the same abysmal performance as 1.2.0, 1.2.1 and 1.2.3. However, 1.2.2 (when installed via ZIP extraction) performs just fine - it's problem is that it doesn't load the Classpath entries correctly on startup, so I have to re-enter them every session...

RE: Compiler Performance - More Info

2006-06-06 14:22

It appears that this is a Classpath issue. In order to use JRDataSourceProviders to preview reports filled with our domain objects, we have to add our application's classpath root directory (i.e. OurApp/classes) to the iReport Classpath. If I remove this directory from the classpath (either by using 1.2.2 or by manually removing it before exiting 1.2.3 etc.), the next time I run iReport the compilation process is about 50 times faster. I can then add our app's classpath directory back and everything is still OK. However, if I don't remove the directory before quitting iReport - or if I add it back to the classpath immediately after restarting iReport and *before* compiling without it - the hideous performance returns. I have also tried adding our application's JAR file instead of the classes directory with the same result.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days