JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Unable to start iReport on Windows XP

2006 IR Open Dicussion

By: greenpharey - greenpharey

Unable to start iReport on Windows XP

2006-05-18 14:07

I've just installed iReports and copied the tools.jar file as well as my JDBC driver jar file into the iReport lib folder. When I try to open iReports it seems to get stuck when it starts to load available font family names.

Did I miss something in the installation process? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated:)

Thanks

By: Richard Thorne - atoren

RE: Unable to start iReport on Windows XP

2006-05-18 22:30

With iReport the reference path is different depending on whether you start with iReport.bat in the main folder or with bin/startup.bat. So you need to make sure that your working path is to the right place. Use the properties on the start-up menu or shortcut icon to be sure you are starting from the right place. That at least has been my experience.

Richard

2006-05-19 07:57

Hi,

Forgive me because I'm new to iReport, but I'm not sure if I understand what you are talking about.

I do have iReport.bat in the main folder and startup.bat in the bin folder. I'm not sure how to check to see where I'm starting from though. Can you elaborate a little more please?

Thanks so much

By: Craig Butts - craigbutts

2006-05-19 13:17

I'm running iReports 1.2.2 on Windows XP just fine. You do need to add the iReports directory the Windows PATH environment variable and add the iReports directory to the CLASSPATH environment variable entry as well. To do this, go to the Control Panel (CP) and select the System CP applet. The click the Advanced tab and then click on the Environment Variables button. It's up to you if you want to add these changes to the 'User' or 'System' variables.

Hope this helps.

Craig...

2006-05-22 06:12

Thanks for that suggestion, however I've tried that and it's still not working. Does anyone know if there is a support or help desk I can call for iReport?

Thanks

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days