JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Error compiling all jrxml reports in 0.5.2

2005 IR Help

By: tonyhd - tonyhd

Error compiling all jrxml reports in 0.5.2

2005-11-29 17:48

I created a simple report using the wizard. When I issue the build option I always get the following error:

it.businesslogic.ireport.ReportClassLoader@73a35c 474828 [Thread-32] ERROR digester.Digester - Parse Fatal Error at line 19 column 29: Attribute "" bound to namespace "null" was already specified for element "jasperReport". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "" bound to namespace "null" was already specified for element "jasperReport". at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLNSDTDValidator.startNamespaceScope(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1647) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:238) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:225) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:213) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:167) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:151) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:107) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:461) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "" bound to namespace "null" was already specified for element "jasperReport". at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1647) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:238) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:225) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:213) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:167) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:151) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:107) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:461) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) NESTED BY : net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Attribute "" bound to namespace "null" was already specified for element "jasperReport". at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:242) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:225) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:213) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:167) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:151) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:107) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:461) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "" bound to namespace "null" was already specified for element "jasperReport". at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1647) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:238) ... 7 more

This message is generated even when compiling a report that compiles fine with the jasperreports compiler run standalone.

thanks!

By: David Karnowski - karnowski

RE: Error compiling all jrxml reports in 0.5.

2005-12-01 10:16

I get the same error but the other way around. My PC ireports installation works fine, but my Unix ant jasper reports builds fail with the error you are receiving. I just posted in this forum before I read your thread: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1395124&forum_id=217623

If you find out what the problem is outside of this forum please post it here (or in my thread).

By: David Karnowski - karnowski

2005-12-01 13:41

I found the problem for my case. Same probably applies for you. Upgrade to the latest version of Ant: http://ant.apache.org.

See my thread for details: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1395124&forum_id=217623

By: tonyhd - tonyhd

2005-12-01 19:32

I fixed the problem on my end. It appeared that I had a non-compatible version of sax digester in my standard java classpath (the one I use for my builds). This was getting picked up by IReport. I modified the iReport bat file to clear the classpath and just set it to . before calling the rest of startup for iReport.

Not sure if this problem is affecting you on ant but but it sounds like the same problem. I did not run into this with Ant as I always build my classpath in my ant build.xmls without using my default set one.

Tony

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days