JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Calculations - Division

2004 IR Help

By: Todd - tberman333

Calculations - Division

2004-09-15 12:07

I am trying to divide two variables to get a percentage.

I enter the following into the expression box: $V{Dealer_Balance}.doubleValue() / $V{Dealer_Limit}.doubleValue()

When I try to compile it gives me the following message:

dori.jasper.engine.JRException:?Errors?were?encountered?when?compiling?report?expressions?class?file: C:iReport-0.3.2CreditUtilization.java:164:?inconvertible?types found???:?double required:?java.lang.String ????????????????value?=?(java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Balance.getValue()).doubleValue()?/?((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Limit.getValue()).doubleValue()); ??????????????????????????????????????????^ C:iReport-0.3.2CreditUtilization.java:377:?inconvertible?types found???:?double required:?java.lang.String ????????????????value?=?(java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Balance.getOldValue()).doubleValue()?/?((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Limit.getOldValue()).doubleValue()); ??????????????????????????????????????????^ C:iReport-0.3.2CreditUtilization.java:590:?inconvertible?types found???:?double required:?java.lang.String ????????????????value?=?(java.lang.String)(((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Balance.getEstimatedValue()).doubleValue()?/?((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Limit.getEstimatedValue()).doubleValue()); ??????????????????????????????????????????^ 3?errors ????at?dori.jasper.engine.design.JRAbstractJavaCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractJavaCompiler.java:155) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:137) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:138) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:126) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:321) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

By: Gregory A. Swarthout - gswarthout

RE: Calculations - Division

2004-09-15 12:20

You've indicated explicitly or as the default that this

textField will be displaying a String, but the value you

are giving it is the result of the division of one double by another.

By: Andrew McLaughlin - pik0

2004-09-15 12:42

Change the expression type to something like Double instead of String to make formatting easier. Then wrap your expression in a "new Double()" like this:

new Double( $V{Dealer_Balance}.doubleValue() / $V{Dealer_Limit}.doubleValue()

)

That should work properly. The thing to keep in mind, the expression result needs to match the expression type you specify in that dialog. In your case you specified String but your expression results in a "double" primitive value. iReport and Jasper Reports do not handle primitive result types.

Piko

2004-09-15 12:43

Ooops... I pasted the wrong error message. When I set my field type to jave.lang.Double, I get this error message:

dori.jasper.engine.JRException:?Errors?were?encountered?when?compiling?report?expressions?class?file: C:iReport-0.3.2CreditUtilization.java:318:?inconvertible?types found???:?double required:?java.lang.Double ????????????????value?=?(java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Balance.getValue()).doubleValue()?/?((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Limit.getValue()).doubleValue()); ??????????????????????????????????????????^ C:iReport-0.3.2CreditUtilization.java:601:?inconvertible?types found???:?double required:?java.lang.Double ????????????????value?=?(java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Balance.getOldValue()).doubleValue()?/?((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Limit.getOldValue()).doubleValue()); ??????????????????????????????????????????^ C:iReport-0.3.2CreditUtilization.java:884:?inconvertible?types found???:?double required:?java.lang.Double ????????????????value?=?(java.lang.Double)(((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer_Balance.getEstimatedValue()).doubleValue()?/?((java.lang.Double)variable_Dealer

Thanks.

2004-09-15 12:46

Piko. That worked. Thank you very much!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days