JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Performance issue

2005 IR Help

By: mmaniaq - mmaniaq

Performance issue

2005-09-09 02:12

Hello,

I need some help with the following situation:

Got an aplication that has around 2000 users. The application has to generate: report with all the users, reports for every user , reports with groups of users. Also these reports have to be generated once and reviewed any time later.

So I said to myself that the solution is to generate a JasperPrint for each user and serialize it to the disk in a special folder in a file "report_userid". So I will have a lot of files with serialized objects.

So, when I need a report for a user I load the serialized report which has its user_id, when I want to show the report with all the users I load all the files and create a VERY BIG (:( ) JasperPrint object (using addPages from loaded items).

In fact here is the performance problem: this last action (load for all or for group) is VERY, VERY slow and VERY memory consuming.

Is there another way to create reports for one/all/many users and loaded VERY QUICKLY using JasperReports?

Any hint, any smallest ideea/suggestion is apreciated!!

Thanks

By: mmaniaq - mmaniaq

RE: Performance issue

2005-09-15 04:06

ok..so nobody has any ideea on the problem presented above?

It's just a simple "compute once slowly use it anytime fast" report approach which I want to use.

If my approach is not correct any suggestions are ok!!

Thanks

• 6 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic