JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Compiling error - New Install

2005 IR Help

By: Mike - sctn4elk

Compiling error - New Install

2005-08-19 07:52

I recently installed iReport 5 and was going through the installation procedure in the documentation. It has me create a new blank doc and hit compile. When I do that I get this error, I have searched all over the Net and this forum, but no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Compiling to file... C:Program FilesiReportiReport-0.5.0reportsuntitled_report_3.jasper -> C:Program FilesiReportiReport-0.5.0reportsuntitled_report_3.java Errors compiling C:Program FilesiReportiReport-0.5.0reportsuntitled_report_3.jasper! org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException:?Feature:?http://xml.org/sax/features/validation ????at?org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.setFeature(SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:100) ????at?org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.setFeature(Digester.java:569) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.configureDigester(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:87) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.createDigester(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:295) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:329) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:294) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:278) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:107) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:420) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown?Source) NESTED?BY?: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException:?Feature:?http://xml.org/sax/features/validation ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:337) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:294) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:278) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:107) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:420) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown?Source) Caused?by:?org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException:?Feature:?http://xml.org/sax/features/validation ????at?org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.setFeature(SAXParserFactoryImpl.java:100) ????at?org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.setFeature(Digester.java:569) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.configureDigester(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:87) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlDigesterFactory.createDigester(JRXmlDigesterFactory.java:295) ????at?net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:329) ????...?5?more

By: C-Box - c-box

RE: Compiling error - New Install

2005-08-20 02:16

be sure to have the correct libraries in your lib-dir.... seems to be an older version of digester. (current is 1.7)

hth

C-Box

By: Mike - sctn4elk

RE: Compiling error - New Install

2005-08-24 05:58

Actually, I was able to fix the errors by changing my startup.bat file from this:

@echo off

set TMP_CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%

for %%i in (%0)

do cd /d %%~dpi..

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.classes

rem Add all jars....

for %%i in (".lib*.jar")

do call ".bincpappend.bat" %%i

for %%i in (".lib*.zip")

do call ".bincpappend.bat" %%i

set IREPORT_CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%

set CLASSPATH=%TMP_CLASSPATH%

java -cp "%IREPORT_CLASSPATH%" -Xms24m -Xmx512m it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.MainFrame %*

To this:

@echo off

cd ..

set CLASSPATH=.classes

rem Add all jars....

for %%i in (".lib*.jar") do call ".bincpappend.bat" %%i

for %%i in (".lib*.zip") do call ".bincpappend.bat" %%i

java it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.MainFrame %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

After I did that, my reports compiled as expected and I am up and running. The first one is the default one supplied with the install, the second was provided to me by a customer who also uses iReports.

Mike

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days