Error in SubReport -- Connection busy

2004 IR Help

By: ASK - anupinder_singh

Error in SubReport -- Connection busy

2004-07-20 23:25

While using subreport, I am gettinn thie error message. My Master and SubReport both r running well indivisually.

Error message is as follow::

Filling report... Error?filling?print... java.sql.SQLException:?[Microsoft][ODBC?SQL?Server?Driver]Connection?is?busy?with?results?for?another?hstmt ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:3150) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:214) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:89) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:466) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.run(JRFillSubreport.java:413) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) NESTED?BY?: java.sql.SQLException:?[Microsoft][ODBC?SQL?Server?Driver]Connection?is?busy?with?results?for?another?hstmt ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:3150) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:214) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:89) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:466) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.run(JRFillSubreport.java:413) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) NESTED?BY?: dori.jasper.engine.JRException:?Error?executing?SQL?statement?for?report?:?AddressReport ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:475) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.run(JRFillSubreport.java:413) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) Caused?by:?java.sql.SQLException:?[Microsoft][ODBC?SQL?Server?Driver]Connection?is?busy?with?results?for?another?hstmt ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:3150) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:214) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:89) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:466) ????...?2?more Print?not?filled.?Try?to?use?an?EmptyDataSource...!

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Error in SubReport -- Connection busy

2004-07-21 13:52

You are using a terrible JDBC driver for MS Access.

What happen is that a JDBC-ODBC bridge Connction is not able to create more than on Statement and the second call to createStatement of JasperReports fail.

A solution (not usable inside iReport) is open a new connection for each subreport (a thing only for creazy people....)

Try to look for a Microsoft JDBC-ODBC bridge class (it exists).

Giulio

2004-07-21 21:36

I had tried the same thing as u had wrote in ur reply and i got the thing implemented

thanks for such a great help

Anupinder Singh

By: Henrik Larsson - henla464

2004-07-24 05:39

I have the same problem, what did you do to make it work?

I first used sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver and then I downloaded and tried com.ms.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver. I get the exactly same error message (character by character comparison). Is it possible to see, from the error message, whick driver it uses?

2004-07-26 22:25

u must use this driver

"com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"

this will be solve ur problem if u r using the SQL Server for reteriving the data

Anupinder Singh

2004-07-27 10:35

I am using MSDE 7.0, the SQLServerDriver that I downloaded doesnt support it. I will try to upgrade to MSDE 2000 and see if that will help.

Thanks for your help Anupinder.

I will tell you if I solved it when I have upgraded (next week)

2004-08-02 04:35

I upgraded and now it works!

(However I came across a couple of problems when upgrading. First I could not log into the database, this was easy fixed by changing authentication mode, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285097 . I also got this error message "[sqlServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket." Solution: http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=423&thread=419214&start=0&range=15&tstart=60&trange=15

)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days