JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

JDK1.3 and JDK1.4

2005 IR Help

By: Kris - klindp

JDK1.3 and JDK1.4

2005-07-14 01:02

Hi, I use a websphere where I have a webapp that uses JasperReport. The websphere uses JDK1.3.

I now wanna use iReport on some clients, but I get some problems when creating a form with iReport on a client that has JDK1.4 and then save it on the server. The problem appears when I try to get the report again.

It seems like the class file generated on the client is compiled with JDK1.4 and the server uses JDK1.3.

????

By: Andrey - andfedotov

RE: JDK1.3 and JDK1.4

2005-07-25 02:52

I don't think that it's a problem. There might be a problem with using different versions of jasperreports for creating report (.jrprint file) and than loading it.

Please check if the versions of jasperreports are identical.

Hope it'll help,

Andrey

By: Wal Millard - walmillard

RE: JDK1.3 and JDK1.4

2005-08-02 17:58

Kris,

If you are deploying .jasper files you have a problem.

But all you have to do is download the source code and use the Ant Compiler to recompile the JasperReport lib jar file. the jasper source has a ready to run build.xml, just set the class path, and change to the folder of build.xml and type ant jar. a new jasperReports.0.x.x.jar will appear in the dist sub folder!

make sure you have jdk 1.3 in the class path, and NOT jdk1.4, then recompile the jasper reports source code as above. MAKE SURE ITS THE SAME VERSION AS YOUR iReport jar.

then replace all your JasperReports-0.x.x.jar(s) with your newly compiled jar. (Ireport has one and your server has one)

run iReport and recompile all your jrxml files with the new jasperReports.jar. then deploy .jasper files.

luck

walmillard

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days