JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

How to Use SubReport

2004 IR Help

By: ASK - anupinder_singh

How to Use SubReport

2004-07-19 22:56

Hi All

I am a newbie to iReport. Till the last week, I was using Crystal Report but now I want to use iReport. Here I m facing a problem regarding subreport. I don't know how to use subreport in iReport.

In iReport, I found subreport but it's not as it was in Crystal Report. Please tell me how can I use SubReports in iReport.

In this regard, any help or exapmle will be appriciated!!!!

Thanks

Anupinder Singh

By: C-Box - c-box

RE: How to Use SubReport

2004-07-20 00:46

Just look at the SubReport-Sample that comes with JasperReport-Release (Full download). It's quite easy to understand.

Or you look here...

http://ireport.sourceforge.net/swf/Subreport_viewlet_swf.htm

hth

C-Box

By: Rick Millar - rmillar

2004-07-20 07:50

Make sure to search this forum for help too. Try this thread....

https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=2639157

By: ASK - anupinder_singh

2004-07-20 23:13

I have chked sample and make my master and subreport. Now I can complie my master report and subreport both. Both reports are working fine individualy. Bur when I combine both, although it compiles but while filling Data in report, it gives error. The error message is::

Filling report... Error?filling?print... java.sql.SQLException:?[Microsoft][ODBC?SQL?Server?Driver]Connection?is?busy?with?results?for?another?hstmt ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:3150) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:214) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:89) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:466) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.run(JRFillSubreport.java:413) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) NESTED?BY?: java.sql.SQLException:?[Microsoft][ODBC?SQL?Server?Driver]Connection?is?busy?with?results?for?another?hstmt ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:3150) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:214) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:89) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:466) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.run(JRFillSubreport.java:413) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) NESTED?BY?: dori.jasper.engine.JRException:?Error?executing?SQL?statement?for?report?:?AddressReport ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:475) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.run(JRFillSubreport.java:413) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) Caused?by:?java.sql.SQLException:?[Microsoft][ODBC?SQL?Server?Driver]Connection?is?busy?with?results?for?another?hstmt ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(JdbcOdbc.java:6958) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(JdbcOdbc.java:7115) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLExecute(JdbcOdbc.java:3150) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.execute(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:214) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JdbcOdbcPreparedStatement.java:89) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:466) ????...?2?more Print?not?filled.?Try?to?use?an?EmptyDataSource...!

I must be doing something wrong. Please tell me where I m wrong.

Thanks

Anupinder Singh

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days