Vectorial images in pdf report (w/o raster)

2004 IR Help

By: bompa - sbompani

Vectorial images in pdf report (w/o raster)

2004-06-21 08:53

I need to include in my reports some vectorial images (e.g.: .dxf, .svg, ...) that must be vectorial also in the resulting file (.pdf).

I suppose iReport hasn't any support for vectorial images.

Is there some way to put into my .pdf report vectorial images without raster them ?

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Vectorial images in pdf report (w/o raster)

2004-06-22 00:57

I seen on jasperreports patch web page a way to handle vectorial images into jasper files, but this patch was never implemented in the main distribution.

Giulio

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is really really really old, but I was looking for an answer to this same question and found a solution. Thinking that someone else may come across this same question for the same reason, this will place the question and solution together for those who follow.

I found the solution here: http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=102&forumid=103&topicid=64262

This allows you to use an SVG image instead of a jpg/gif in iReport.

Cheers,

CHgsd

Code:
<image hAlign="Center" vAlign="Middle">	<reportElement x="0" y="20" width="572" height="28"/>	<imageExpression class="net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRenderable">		<![CDATA[net.sf.jasperreports.renderers.BatikRenderer.getInstance(new java.io.File("/path/to/image.svg"))]]>	</imageExpression></image>