JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

showing report on client - JRViewer

2004 IR Help

By: subs - subs

showing report on client - JRViewer

2004-06-18 15:20

Hi Giulio Toffoli,

I have Installed my applicatin using jasper reports on development server.My requirement is that when user access application say http://devserver/app/report.jsp should open jrviewer on client.Right now its opening on the server(or the machine where the server is installed).Reason of selecting so that reports wouldn't be dependent on whether that application is installed on client's machine or not.

Pls assist me on this issue.

Thanks

Subhash

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: showing report on client - JRViewer

2004-06-20 13:29

You have to save the print object generated by jasperreports, and send it to a client where it'll be a JRViewer to see this print object.

Giulio

2004-06-21 09:19

Giulio Toffoli,

Pls correct me ,Can we get something to work out like other applications do that it download a small component(JRViewer) at client's pc whenever somebody clicks on a link to view report and opens the report there.I want to show the reports online to the user and all the users cannot install ireports on their PC.

Pls suggest.

Thanks

Subhash

By: Rick Millar - rmillar

2004-06-21 13:15

Subhash,

Since Jasper Reports can create the output of the report in PDF format, is it not possible for the users to simply view the PDF file? Do the users not have access to Acrobat Reader?

Rick

2004-06-21 15:45

Rick ,

thanks for your adding comments.I dont expect every user to have acrobat reader installed.I agree with you chances are more that the user will have it(acrobat reader) on their pc but do you think that the applicatin can make assumption like this and fail if it didn't find it.I can go with internet explorer probably every window user will have that.But we want to provide user with our own container so limitation on user's side is less.In that case I dont care what user has installed on his pc and what he hasn't.

Thanks

Subhash

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2004-06-22 00:54

You can output in HTML format.

Giulio

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days