JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

SQL Problems: This method is not implemented

2004 IR Help

By: Neil Lamka - neil_lamka

SQL Problems: This method is not implemented

2004-06-03 08:06

On 0.3.1 I'm still having a problem with the Datasource | Report query dialog. I have an existing report, report query, etc. that works.

I can compile and run the report on 0.3.1 so that is fine. If I go to the Report query dialog (initially) the list of fields contains the previously saved query fields and the "Automatically retrieve fields" box is checked. If I then modify the query in any way (add a space for example) the "OK" button is disabled and iReport attempts (I assume) to update the field list. This generates an error saying "SQL Problems: This method is not yet implemented". If I uncheck the automatically retrieve fields box but click the Read fields button I get the same error.

Since the report runs sucessfully the data source connection appears to be correct.

I'm using a postgres db and have the postgresql.jar file in the lib directory so I'm kind of stuck. At the moment I can update the query by editing the xml report file and have to manually add new fields outside of iReports.

Am I missing something here or is this a defect?

Thanks

RE: SQL Problems: This method is not implemented

2004-06-03 10:43

So, in trying to track down this error I checked out the current source from cvs and added some debug information. What I'm getting is the following

This method is not yet implemented.

at org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(Driver.java:388)

at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.setFetchSize(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:156)

at it.businesslogic.ireport.gui.ReportQueryDialog$FieldReader.run(ReportQueryDialog.java:267)

The exception is being thrown calling the setFetchSize which is not (it appears) supported by the version of the postgres driver that I'm using. I think we are running postgres 7.3.2. I've commented out this line and things now seem to work so is there some reason this was added? I assume it is new since this all worked on previous (up to 0.3.x) versions of iReport.

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2004-06-03 12:18

The fetch size is used to avoid problems retriving fields when the result set is very large.

A solution could be call the method inside a try and catch.

Giulio

2004-06-03 12:37

Something you will add/change...I'm not a developer and don't want to start keeping a local copy of iReports with local mods that I have to maintain.

Thanks

2004-06-03 12:46

I made the following change...

Line 267 in ReportQueryDialog.java

from

ps.setFetchSize(0);

to

try { ps.setFetchSize(0); } catch(Exception e ) {}

and that seems to work correctly.

Hope this can be added to the version in cvs for future builds.

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2004-06-03 16:44

Of course.

Thanks

Giulio

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic