JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

"Column?not?found" using jdbc-odbc and OMNIS

2004 IR Help

By: Alberto - drbassi

"Column?not?found" using jdbc-odbc and OMNIS

2004-04-22 02:23

I'm trying to get data from an OMNIS data file via Sun jdbc-odbc bridge (there is no jdbc driver available for OMNIS, only a read-only odbc driver available here: http://www.omnis.net/downloads/odbc/win32/odbc.zip).

I have created a new datasource and tested with the "test" button, selected this new connection as active connection and then I have used the iReport "Report wizard..." and everithing was ok (in the wizard I was able to see the column of the selected table). But when I execute the report using the active connection I obtain the following error message:

Error?filling?print...

?$??jdbc:odbc:testomnis java.sql.SQLException:?Column?not?found ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1852) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.getString(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:413) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JRResultSetDataSource.getFieldValue(JRResultSetDataSource.java:306) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:711) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:172) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:542) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:459) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:119) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:219) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:159) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:230) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

NESTED?BY?: java.sql.SQLException:?Column?not?found ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1852) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.getString(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:413) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JRResultSetDataSource.getFieldValue(JRResultSetDataSource.java:306) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:711) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:172) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:542) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:459) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:119) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:219) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:159) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:230) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

NESTED?BY?: dori.jasper.engine.JRException:?Unable?to?get?value?for?field?'RAGSOC'?of?class?'java.lang.String' ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JRResultSetDataSource.getFieldValue(JRResultSetDataSource.java:315) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.next(JRBaseFiller.java:711) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReport(JRVerticalFiller.java:172) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:542) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:459) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:119) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:219) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:159) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:230) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) Caused?by:?java.sql.SQLException:?Column?not?found ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.findColumn(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:1852) ????at?sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.getString(JdbcOdbcResultSet.java:413) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JRResultSetDataSource.getFieldValue(JRResultSetDataSource.java:306) ????

...?9?more

Print?not?filled.?Try?to?use?an?EmptyDataSource...!

I have tested the same connection to OMNIS datafile via jdbc-odbc bridge using the HypersonicSQL database manager (org.hsqldb.util.DatabaseManager) and I can access the data in the database tables.

I have also created an Access database that link, via odbc, the OMNIS tables and then used this Access mdb as datasource via jdbc-odbc bridge and I can execute the report without any error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Alberto

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic