JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Problems compiling with iReport 0.2.3.1

2004 IR Help

By: Lenny Sorey - lrsorey

Problems compiling with iReport 0.2.3.1

2004-03-12 08:24

First of all, Thanks for such a wonderful program.

I appreciate all y'alls hard work.

I unzipped version 0.2.3.0 along and unzipped 0.2.3.1 into the 0.2.3.0 version of iReports.

First of all, my plaform is as follows:

Win2K Server

S2JDK 1.4.2_03

Tomcat 4.1.29

Ant 1.6

Mysql 4.0.18

mysql-connector-java-3.0.10-stable-bin.jar

I copied the tools.jar from S2JDK 1.4.2_03 to iReport lib directory.

I had success when I set up a report, compiled it and ran PDF portion. That was great.

The problem came about is when I tried to modify the report and add a sum into the page_footer band, I got the following error and nothing I do can seem to fix the problem:

Everywhere I have a "isCode" in my xml report file, and there are a number of them, I get the following compile error. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Compiling to file... D:reportscd_mature1.jasper -> D:reportsclassic.java Errors compiling D:reportscd_mature1.jasper! Mar?12,?2004?10:01:27?AM?org.apache.commons.digester.Digester?error SEVERE:?Parse?Error?at?line?37?column?38:?Attribute?"isCode"?must?be?declared?for?element?type?"variableExpression". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:?Attribute?"isCode"?must?be?declared?for?element?type?"variableExpression". ????at?org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.addDTDDefaultAttrsAndValidate(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1514) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:387) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:371) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:339) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:323) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:121) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:148) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534) Mar?12,?2004?10:01:27?AM?org.apache.commons.digester.Digester?error SEVERE:?Parse?Error?at?line?38?column?42:?Attribute?"isCode"?must?be?declared?for?element?type?"initialValueExpression". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:?Attribute?"isCode"?must?be?declared?for?element?type?"initialValueExpression". ????at?org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.addDTDDefaultAttrsAndValidate(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown?Source) ????at?org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1514) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:387) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:371) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:339) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:323) ????at?dori.jasper.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:121) ????at?it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:148) ????at?java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

RE: Problems compiling with iReport 0.2.3.1

2004-03-12 11:47

One thing I failed to mentioned was that this report report was created using the Report Wizard.

I don't if that would have any bearing on my problem or not.

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2004-03-12 14:51

Don't warry. Go to OPTIONS form and uncheck "multiline expression" checkbox.

Recompile your report.

Giulio

2004-03-15 11:22

Hey Giulio,

Thanks for your response!!

That did the trick.

Great Product!

Regards,

Lenny Sorey

• Replies 0