JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

XML source

ktrinad

By: Mauro Chojrin - mchojrin

XML source

2003-04-03 05:55

Hi:

I'm trying to create a report based on a XML data source (or at least on a CSV file). Is there some way to achieve this?.

Thanks.

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: XML source

2003-04-04 02:16

There isn't an "official" way to do this. The right solution is implement a custom JRDataSource (this is an interface shipped with jasperReports)

that parse your custom data (i.e. an XML document).

I have already seen some solutions that wraps an XML doc and presents it as JRDataSource. Try to search on jasperreports forum.

Please note that iReport don't support for now preview using custom JRDataSource.

Giulio

By: S. Wafflart - pixy1975

2003-10-30 02:05

Is anybody can provide me a java example using XML Datasource and JRDataSource class.

Thanks,

S.W

By: marí®- jjmarin

2003-11-04 01:40

Hello gentleman Maruo Chojrin.

Above all I forgive my Groins and if you want it could answer me to the address of mail jjmarin@iespana.es

I go to you for the reason that I have the same problem with the JASPERREPORT, the IREPORT and the origin of XML data. They in my work demand me that I could generate reports starting from these two tools, at least with the JASPERREPORT, using XML files like origin of data. And I as have read in the IREPORT forum you are discarded like tool that supports like origin of XML data.

I don't know if it would be much nuisance on the other hand, that you will help me guiding me in the problem or solution that this taking.

I have been investigating in JASPERREPORT and I have arrived to the same conclusion he reflected in the forum.

By: gt78 ( Giulio Toffoli )

2003-04-04 12:16

There isn't an "official" way to do this. The right solution is implement a custom JRDataSource (this is an interface shipped with jasperReports)

that parse your custom data (i.e. an XML document).

I have already seen some solutions that wraps an XML doc and presents it as JRDataSource. Try to search on jasperreports forum.

Please note that iReport don't support for now preview using custom JRDataSource.

Giulio

So the whole help and information that could occur you it will thank.

A greeting and thank you.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic