JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Compiling report

By: padmini - padmini

Compiling report

2003-02-13 20:29

HI All

I have a very basic doubt . the JasperGuide says the following

"You should compile your application reportdesigns just like you compile your Java source files, and you should ship them already compiled, with your application, to be installed on the deployment platform. That's because in the majority of

cases, the report designs are static and few applications need to offer their users the

possibility to dynamically generate report designs, that would need to be compiled at

runtime."

Now I have a query which is dynamic . i.e the where clause changes for each user . In such case , should the reportdesign be compiled every time ?

Regards

Padmini

By: eric teo - duckizz

RE: Compiling report

2003-02-13 22:34

actually it doesnt need to. As long as the fields return in the resultset is same as those that are in the jasperreport OR you have catered for mapping the fields against the fields that are in the compiled report, you dont need to compile it every time.

And to pass the data from the resultset to the report, u can do it in a variety of ways. For example, wrapping it in JRDataSource.

or you can check out the examples in

%JASPERREPORT_HOME%/demo/samples/datasource

just to name a few.

Hope i din answer you wrongly =)

By: Rajan Karunakaran - rkaran

2003-02-14 00:16

You can have the WHERE clause passed in as a parameter and as Eric mentioned, you should have no trouble if the columns in your report (or,more appropriately, the fields returned in the dataset returned) don't change.

By: padmini - padmini

2003-02-14 03:37

Thanks for the replies

Regards

Padmini

2003-02-14 04:16

You can have the WHERE clause passed in as a parameter and as Eric mentioned, you should have no trouble if the columns in your report (or,more appropriately, the fields returned in the dataset returned) don't change.

2003-02-14 04:17

2003-02-14 04:19

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic