can't compile jasperReport webapp sample rept

ktrinad

By: david chan - davidchantf

can't compile jasperReport webapp sample rept

2003-06-30 14:36

Hi,

I downloaded jasperReport 0.46 and iReport 0.2.0, and I tried to use iReport to compile the demo report xml in jasperReportdemosampleswebappreportsWebappReport.xml, it produces this error msg, what am I missing? (I can compile the report from jasperReport demo webapplication without this error mesg).

David

dori.jasper.engine.JRException: Unknown reset group 'null' for variable : CityNumber at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.assignGroupsToVariables(JRXmlLoader.java:647) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:402) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:357) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:337) at dori.jasper.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:323) at dori.jasper.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:121) at it.businesslogic.ireport.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:135) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: can't compile jasperReport webapp sample rept

2003-06-30 14:55

This is a bug of iReport 0.2.0 (I just want say you that iReport 0.2.0 is not for now the version to use in real work (this until the next version 0.2.1 does not exit).

A workaround to try is change the CityNumber group and then rechange it to the original value.

Another solution could be load the xml in a text editor and remove the pattern: group="null"

Giulio

Giulio

By: Gregory A. Swarthout - gswarthout

RE: can't compile jasperReport webapp sample

2003-07-02 11:43

This bug still exists in iReport 0.2.1. I load in the FirstJasper.xml demo from JasperReports and rReport strips out the group="xxx" from the variables.

2003-07-02 12:07

Ops,

I have lost to check the problem before release 0.2.1!

I'll update the cvs repository with the fix.

I'll post you the right class + code as soon as possible.

Ciao

Giulio

2003-07-02 12:21

Ok, I have submitted a Bug report to track this issue (and don't forget it)....

Giulio

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic