JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Create Chart in iReport

2004 IR Help

By: Joanna B - joannabyy

Create Chart in iReport

2004-03-04 20:15

1. How can i create chart in iReport, by using the value from database?

2. I have created a parameter, and tick "is for prompting", however when i run the report, it never prompt for the parameter, wat should i do so that it will prompt for parameter b4 report generating

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: Create Chart in iReport

2004-03-06 03:06

1. Full chart support is not yet implemented in iReport, it will be for this summer.

There are several ways to create a chart, one of this is using scriptlet, or prepare your chart in your program and pass it to the report.

The basic idea is that a chart is an image, so make a chart is equal than create a image using a charting engine and display it in the reports.

As I have yet said, to create this image you must collect data, and to collect data you can use scriptlet.

2. "if for prompting" is a flag declared by jasperreports, and we have added it to be full compliant with jasperreports specifications.

But this don't means that iReport ask really for this value when run a report...

This could be a suggestion for a new feature, anyway, for now, you can put your value in the Initial value field for the parameter.

Giulio

By: Rajmohan - grmohan68

2004-03-10 23:21

iReport supports the chart functionality. I can able to integrate pie, bar, line charts with iReport successfully.

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2004-03-11 03:36

Ok,

if we talk about a native support, this there is not.

However, there are several way to integrate charts with iReport.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic