We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Update your website

By: kootjekip - kootjekip

Update your website

2005-05-03 04:16

Maybe it is possible for the author of this site to update it more frequently....

By: C-Box - c-box

RE: Update your website

2005-05-03 23:04

What should Giulio update if he isn't ready with the next release!?!? The weather? His daily lunch meal?

So don't set dogs on Giulio!!!! Better take a look in the CVS repository for latest changes!

C-Box

2005-05-04 01:47

C-Box no offence but you're not a webdesigner too, you always should update your website, show that you're working on things...and users are lazy and if you don't want to lose users you have to go to them, the do not have to go to you, just tell in simple phrases what you are doing while there is no update yet, users don't have to go to the CVS for changes only if they want to download the most recent version, changes should be accesible quickly....

2005-05-04 02:21

Well I also do manage some websites... also for some customers/friends/small firms... so I know that regulary updated news are essential to keep a community living.

But as far as I know is Giulio very busy in coding new features into IReport in his sparetime... further he has family and a job too.... and also he tries to answer question in forum (that are from time to time very anoying because nobody seems to know the searchfunction) and the mailing list.... so all in all the community is more the forum than his homepage... and I think that community is growing well althoug the iReport-Homepage isn't updated every week....

Perhaps he should make a php-script that shows the recent changes from CVS textfile at his blog... but I guess the people who really cares are looking in the CVS.

(therefore I have made an extra bookmark! :-))

Or you pay him a webMaster that does the additional work for him? Or you will do that?

How often was the JasperReports-Homepage by Teodor updated before he started to do it as fulltime-job last month?????? For a one-man project (what IReport more or less really is) it's ok - IMHO!

just my two cent.

C-Box

2005-05-05 09:13

I know that guillio is busy...but when you don't supply users with the right information they eventually will go away... no offence...

I'm sorry I didn't know guillio was the only person working on this project....i'm really really really really sorry

2005-05-05 22:51

Well there are some other people also working at this project but the most activity (up to 90%) seems to hang at Giulio.... so perhaps a "LiveTicker" reading the information form "Changes.txt" from CVS at his Homepage would be nice and keep it up2date parallel with the CVS-changes.

Not coded something similiar but with my poor PHP knowledge/experciences it shouldn't be too difficult.

C-Box

2005-05-09 03:03

I know java

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2005-05-12 05:24

I'll restyle all the site for the end of this month.

The release of iReport 0.5.0 is scheduled for the next week.

Thanks for patience...

Giulio

2005-05-12 05:28

a dream comes true ...

really looking forward for next release! :-)

C-Box

2005-05-12 06:09

JasperReports is updating too next week, do you have time to intergrate your version with their version...would be nice to do so, you're really up to date then...

keep up the good work from italy

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic