JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

I can compile, but I get no data?

ktrinad

By: Jason Lane - jclane

I can compile, but I get no data?

2003-05-21 11:32

I have gotten past my compile problem, but now when I view my report, it has no data. The data Source is mySQL, using the 3.10 alpha JDBC driver, and when in design mode I can get at the columns. The report puts $F{columnName] in the report, but when I compile the report just is blank where the variables are displayed in design mode.

By: Philippe Damerval - damerval

RE: I can compile, but I get no data?

2003-05-21 11:44

This is a common problem. Your fields may not be tall enough. Make your fields taller and wider, or specify them as extensible.

2003-05-21 13:40

Wierd. In design mode it looks like the fields stretch across the page, but going into the properties and checking 'Stretch with Overflow' fixed the problem.

Thanks, my reports actually work now. : )

2003-05-21 13:51

Well scratch that. This is probably something that needs to be reported as a bug. I created a report, and compiled it, the fields were blank so I went in and adjusted the report, re-saved and re-compiled, but they were still blank. So I went ahead and created a brand new report of the same data, made the property adjustments before compiling the first time and it worked fine. Very strange.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic