We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Export Crosstab To Excel To Ignore Pagination and Width

tylerahrens

My apologies if I've missed this elsewhere in the forums.  I've been looking for a solution for a couple days, and can get close to what I want, but not able to get it 100%.

I have a report using crosstab data.  It is being rendered on normal letter size paper output.  The issue is that there may be too many columns to display all data at this size, causing the rightmost columns to be put on the bottom of the first "row" or columns.  I think this is acceptable for the report viewer, but when I try to export the report to XLS, it causes the columns to not line up, with the rightmost columns being on the bottom, which prevents me from being able to sort the data effectively.

So, ultimately, what I need is a way to run the report as is, let the extra columns go to the bottom in the report viewer, but to have the XLS export keep all columns running from left to right.

This seems like it should be relatively simple, but I'm struggling to find a solution to this.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

As far as I can see that doesn't work as the OP intends, nor does it work on my own report. To recap, I believe we both need the CrossTab to respect the page width when rendered on screen (such as PDF or HTML), but to use as many columns as it likes when rendered in Excel. Setting the property above certainly does what is needed, but it does it all the time - so chopping off the columns when rendered on screen, but fine in Excel.

What is actually needed is a property like the other Excel ones, something like...

net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.crosstab.ignore.width

But alas it doesn't exist.