Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

blank lines not removed- previous posts don't solve the problem

akauppila

I've seen several suggestions, both here and on Stackoverflow, but my problem is still not solved.  I have a main report with two subreports.  If there is a blank line, I want the remaining lines to float up, but I am left with large gaps of white space between rows.  This is what I have tried so far:

1.  adding positionType="Float" to the reportElement

2.  adding a printWhenExpression, written two ways- <printWhenExpression><![CDATA[!$F{PRODUCT_NAME}.equals( null )]]></printWhenExpression> 

<printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$F{PRODUCT_NAME} != null]]></printWhenExpression> 

3.  adding isRemoveLineWhenBlank to reportElement - isRemoveLineWhenBlank="true"

4.  clicking "Center Vertically" in the Palette on text fields in the Detail Band (just to see if I could at least modify the spacing to center it, even if there was extra white space, but that didn't work)

5.  adding isBlankWhenNull to the text field:  <textField isBlankWhenNull="true">

I am still not having any success.  I am using iReport version 5.6.0.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you in advance for your help!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestion!  I just modified the query in the subreports to exclude nulls, but I think I need to rework the whole report- the main report fills the first two columns, but it's the data in the next three columns where the values might be null, and that's when I want to delete the entire row if the result is null.