We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Nested reports no longer work with studio + report server. Anyone know when it will be fixed?

john.v.little

We have a report with 3 levels of sub report.  iReport + jasper server used to support this.  It used to take the reports with their references to xxx.jasper and rewrite them to repo:xxx.jrxml.

Report Studio does not do this when you deploy reports to server (5.6).

It does recognise the top level of sub reports, and does upload them as jrxml resources, but it doesnt edit the main report, and when you try and run the main report on the server, it always fails as it cant find the sub-reports.

We went through many "solutions" to this posted by people with the same problem, but they are all for older versions, and do not work on the current version. (e.g. there is no resources folder in 5.6).  E.g. we manually changed every instance of xxx.jasper to repo:/reports/report_files/xxx.jrxml in all reports, deployed the main report, then added all the sub reports jrxml files as resources using the "Add resource" link in "Controls and REsources" of the "edit" function of the main report on the server.  No luck.

Not sure what to do at this stage. Runs fine in report studio, but not possible to run on server.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've run into the same issue. I use IReport to publish reports with sub-reports to JasperServer, and it properly sets the sub-report references within the parent report. I've only done this with two levels though (parent-child). Also, this requires using the "subreport-directory" parameter to specify report locations when running locally. Think jasper knows to translate that to "repo:fileName" when uploading to JasperServer.