We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Using multiple Data Adaptors in Jasper Reports

ravenheart

I've tried looking for existing answers on this, but any semi-relevant articles I can find either don't make sense to me, or don't work. So...

I have what I thought was a pretty simply scenario in that I have two different databases, each of which has their own data adaptor set up and working in both Jasper Studio and Jasper Server. One is a Redshift database, the other is a MySQL database.

There's information in both that we'd like to compare in a report, and I need a way to do that.

I don't really mind if that solution is a bunch of separate Datasets, each using a different connection, or subreports, or whatever. But I need to end up with:

• Master Report using any data adaptor, doesn't matter
  • Table 1 using Data Adaptor 1
  • Table 2 using Data Adaptor 2

Obviously I can easily create several datasets within the same report, eash using their own data adaptor, but then when I want to plug those datasets into a report element, say a table, that element needs to be told which connection to use, and "the one the dataset uses" isn't an option. Similarly I can create subreports which exlusively use one data adapator, but again there doesn't seem to be a way for the Master Report to instruct the subreport elements to use their own data adaptors.

Thoughts? Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Typically there are three Jasper scenarios in which multiple data sources are required: different data sources for different tables, for different subreports and for master report and table.

All of them can be handled through esProc along with Jasper. If master report data come from MySQL, you can retrieve the data using this line of esProc code: result mysql1.query("select * from emp")

result msSQL1.query("select * from sales)。If table data come from MSSQL, you can use this line of code to get them: result msSQL1.query("select * from sales)

See https://dataccelerator.wordpress.com/2015/02/04/esproc-assists-report-development-different-datasources-for-master-report-and-subreport/ for details.