We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft AWS EC2 TCP/IP CONNECTION ISSUE

rh1c

Hi,

I am new with Jaspersoft technology, I am trying to create a new datasource in EC2 with JDBC type, but gives me this error message which is something related to TCP/IP connection.

"The TCP/IP connection to the host [hostName] , port 1433 has failed. Error: "null. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall."

I already tried some of the suggested configurations on SQL Server Configuration Manager for TCP/IP and Port settings, but still not working.

Tried accessing the server with its port in command prompt using telnet and it is able to connect.

Don't know what else I need to do on this.

Really need to fix this up. I'm stuck on this.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is likely that your DB is not accepting connections from the AWS instance.  If your DB is also on AWS you will need to make sure that it is in the same security group, that the security group has the appropriate permissions on the port you are trying to connect to, etc.  

I hope this helps

• 1 month later...
If the server is reachable from AWS, there should not be a problem. If it is behind a firewall that your AWS account does not have the ability to get through via a VPC, then it won't be able to connect. You could try pinging the DB server from your AWS server or connecting from the command line to verify that it is reachable. It may also be that you are using a domain name for the server that AWS can not find and you may need to try using the IP address instead.

• 2 weeks later...