We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

moving compiled files to a different server

gholamian
Go to solution Solved by gholamian,

Hi,

I have compiled jasper 5.5 with remote mysql for db, Ubuntu 12.04 and everything was ok. All the reports are working and no issues so far. then i created a new server (Ubuntu 12.04) and installed tomcat (same version) and all mysql client. after that i stopped tomcat service on my first server. copy the jasper folder from server a to server b. what happen now is when i start tomcat on my second server i keep getting this. i can confirm i can connect to db using mysql command and there are no firewall rules in between.

INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already.  Could not load ehcache-version.properties.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing that there is a linux permissions issue. I haven't seen this exact error message before. I have seen errors with accessing the ehcache (JRS  uses ehcache to do caching).

If your tomcat was installed with yum (or apt-get, rpm), you might try switching to a download tar.gz of tomcat. Tomcat is small and quick to download and unpack. This way the tomcat components will all be under one folder and it should be easier to verify the permissions and verify that everything is running properly.

• Solution

Ok found the reason and fixed was simply copy  mariadb java client to java directory. Since i was using the a new server mariadb client was missing.

1. cp mariadb-java-client-1.1.2.jar /usr/share/java/.
  2. cd /usr/share/tomcat6/lib
  3. ln -s ../../java/mariadb-java-client-1.1.2.jar mariadb-java-client-1.1.2.jar

Also installed the following pagckages (missing fonts)

apt-get install mysql-client libxml2-utils tomcat6 openjdk-6-jre-headless openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre openjdk-6-jre-lib ttf-dejavu-core ttf-dejavu-extra