We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Create pdf with attachment in jasper iReport

marduris
Go to solution Solved by Ankur Gupta,

I would like to ask you, how can I create in jasper iReport pdf with "attachment". Example of such pdf with attachment : http://www.colorpilot.com/pdfsamples/PDFWithFileAttachmentAnnotation.pdf

I wonder, if i need to use "subreport" or something called "drill-down report" ?

I have installed iReport 5.5.0 and for testing JasperServer.

Thank you very much for help.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi,

Yes you can achieve using the drill down reports, or in other words could place hypertext links which would redirect to other reports along with some parameters from the parent report, or just could be a attachment as your requirement suggests.

But remember, if you design drill down reports in iReport then you need to test the drill down links in the jasperserver, because the links wont respond in the iReports.

Hope that this helps.

Thanks
Ankur Gupta
http://ankurthetechie.blogspot.in/

Thank you very much!

But :

In jasper reports link was working OK. But when i have downloaded report as PDF from jasperserver, there was NO link in pdf file and i have not seen another report in attachements.

Do you have any idea what is problem ?

After discusion with my colegues we have discovered that we need little something else that i was thinking.

At the end, PDF will be generated in our java application (without jasperserver) with jasper java library - so i need to create in iReport designer template that will CONTAINS all attachments (jasper pdf template will be stored in our database).

With drill down report is attachment related and created with jaspersever.