We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Dashboard Default Dates

cameron_1

Hello,

How can we get the input controls for dashboards to stop using staic dates as default values and actually lookup what date should be displayed?

Our exec team shouldn't need to look up the date of last financial month and enter it in every day when they open up their dashboard. Surely this is a standard feature?

Thanks,

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I set default date in reports which I used in dashboard, I set date in such a way so that it gives me last 30 day data on my report. same report when I used in dashboard it works fine on day one, I got dashboard with last 30 days data becouse in all report i set same default condition for last 30 days.

Next day when I run same dashboard it give me data for last 30 days but not from today it is from yesterday, these date stick with input control. Same issue as you said. 

So for that i removed date input controls from reports as well as dashboard and replace it with LAST_N_DAYS input control so that user can able to run it for last perticular days and by default run for 30 days. But I lost the functionality of dashboard to run it for perticular any dates, like startdate and Enddate.

So If you found any solution on that then please revert. 

Thanks,

Ajinkya

• 11 months later...
I think the key to preventing the dates sticking when you add them to the dashboard is to clear any date that is populated before you save the dashboard. I noticed when I placed the date control on the dashboard it "executed" i.e. populated a date. This date then is always shown. So make sure you clear it out before saving.