We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Creating Cloud Template

brian_3

I am trying to create a cloud templete via the http://community.jaspersoft.com/jaspersoft-aws/launch page in the US West Region and I use the default values for the Stack Name (JRSInstance) and the template name provided. All works fine until the last step when I reports the following "CreateStack failed: Requires capabilities : [CAPABILITY_IAM]".

I have tried for a couple of hours to solve this hence has any one else come up against this problem and can please help me?

Cheers Brian

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brian,

The logged in AWS user account running the CloudFormation (CF) template, has to have adequate permissions to create IAM roles.  If your account doesn't have that permission, the CF template will need to be launched by another user with all required permissions.  That user could then provide access for you to the EC2 instance after it's up an running.

See the JRS Pro for AWS doc, section "1.1.2.1 - Using Our CloudFormation (CF) Templates" for the full list of permissions required to run the CF template.

-Veronica

This still has me a confused. I logged into my AWS account and that allows me to IAM management console form which I can create roles, users, groups, etc hence I must be a user who has IAM permission. I now try and launch the JS instance via the stack and I still get the problem even though I have not changed user and provided a key pair generated by me.

I am sorry to be a pain but could you explain this in simple terms that I can follow as I do not see how I can have IAM permissions at one point and "loose" then at another.

Any help would be appreciated to save my sanity.

Brian,

If you are getting this error in the CF template launch wizard, make sure you are checking the box next to "I acknowledge that this template may create IAM resources",

on the 2nd screen of the wizard ("Specify Parameters"). You must make this acknowledgement in order for CloudFormation to run the template, since the template creates IAM resources.

-Veronica