We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How can I strech my detail band in order to link it to the column footer?

alessandra.nuzzo

<p>Hi all,</p>
I'm new in using iReport Designer and I have a problem that seems to be only mine. As you can see from the attached "img1", I have a report with a title band, a detail band, a column band and a footer band.
    What I need is to stretch my detail band, even without overflowing, in order to join the column footer. I don't know if I was clear, but you can see the second attached "img2", that is what I want, that is a stretching of each horizontal line to fill all the page.
Thank you for your availability.img1.jpg.4839afc93e7669773d6051af2727fb6a.jpgimg2.jpg.a9e485cf44f7ff5feb6c54e25e6ac1b8.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Here is a solution that requires some additional work:

- use a subreport to populate the detail section. Element borders and/or lines are not necessary in this subreport

- in the master report: place a frame with border in the detail section, having the same width as the subreport

- inside this frame:

•  place the subreport at position x=0, y=0 and set runToBottom=true for it
  •  also place 7 vertical line elements at y=0 and x values corresponding to each internal vertical line in the table; for each line element set the stretchType=RelativeToTallestObject

I think this is all. Then compile and run again your report and see how it works.

Regards,

sanda

• 5 years later...