We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Eclipse JasperReports Server Plugin for JasperStudio: Bugs

diddy

Hi,

I was quite happy to see the addition of the JRS plugin for JasperStudio in the latest version.

I did some testing and I found quite some bugs (please provide me a link to your bug tracking system):

The JRS I am currently working with is on version 3.7.0, so I am not sure if this might be an issue as well.

JasperStudio Bugs

When trying to upload a resource bundle, in Select Resource File … the file extension is set to *.propeties* -> please change to *.properties*

When trying to upload a Report Unit, paths are not copied from the file selection dialog to the main dialog.

When selecting a data source I get following error:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.jaspersoft.studio.server.model.MFolder cannot be cast to com.jaspersoft.studio.server.model.server.MServerProfile

Upload works for me only without defining any data source. Once the file is uploaded, the external file references are still the same and no external files are uploaded (this is a very different behaviour to iReport).

If do implement one day the same approach as in iReport, please do not change the references in the local file (or at least give an option. I do most of my work locally and then upload. Currently iReport overwrites all external file references on upload. Also, I'd appreciate if all external files would be uploaded in one go including properties, chart theme files).

Best regards,

Diddy

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic