Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Problems making reports with subreports working

danielferreira

Hi, i have a report with a subreport that works fine on ireport but when i upload it to jasperserver it just fails to work here is the message i get.

"

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: Resource not found at : lista_clientes_sub.jasper

Error Trace

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Resource not found at : lista_clientes_sub.jasper at net.sf.jasperreports.repo.RepositoryUtil.getResource(RepositoryUtil.java:155) at net.sf.jasperreports.repo.RepositoryUtil.getReport(RepositoryUtil.java:126) at

"

Next i will explain the steps i took perhaps iam doing something wrong.

1. Opened main report using ireport 4.1.1
  2. Using the Repository Navigator, i browsed the desired folder on my jasperserver and made "Add>JasperServer report"
    1. Indicated the current opened report
    2. Defined the Data Source from the repository
    3. Pressed finish and it poped up a window saying that the report as resources attached

converted-file.png.20ef42c788d455bfb49cf48f4715e773.png

I press continue everything seems fine and looking at "Repository Navigator" i can see my main report upload and inside of it there is a folder "resources" where i can see my subreport (jrxml).

But when i try to run it on jasperserver i get the error message.

Iam using jasperserver 4.2.1(installed on a linux machine) and ireport 4.1.1(using on windows)

Thanks in advanced

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi and thank you for your reply,

yes it fails to change the main jrxml to address the sub report as repo:subreport.jrxml, i have already tried to change it before upload to repo:subreport.jrxml.

What happens is:

1. I cant compile it on my ireport (dont know if it is really necessary)
  2. Still i try to upload it to jasperserver, when uploading i get an error "1 - ; nested exception is: javax.mail.MessagingException(...)"
  3. I having the previous error i notice the report was uploaded, but no jrxml exists under "resource" folder at jasperserver
  4. So i upload directly into to "resource" folder the jrxml subreport

when i try to run the main report i get the following error

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error opening input stream from URL : repo:subreport.jrxml

Hope someone can help me with this problem, thanks.

Finally found out what was wrong, it was thanks to the sample report "Sales By Month" that as a subreport on it, and by analyzing it i came to realize the problem, the wizard suggest the path "repo:subreport.jrxml" and it uploads the subreport with the name "subreport" while in jasperserver the correct path would be "repo:subreport" whithout the .jrxml.

This is the main problem but i most reference that ireport fails to alter the main report path maintaining to local path "c:\...", i had to alter the main report on ireport to "repo:subreport" then upload them both.