We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Issue with the table in summary tab

nsgupta

Hi.

I have placed a table inside the summary band. When i try to load it into jasper server i am getting the error " Invalid content was found starting with element 'jr:table' ".

Can't i place a table in the summay band ? If place a table in th detail band, its getting repeated and hence i moved it into summary band.  I have 1 tables to be displayed in the report. I am planning to place them in the summary tab. I am very much new to ireporting. Could any one help me in this regard.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure what you mean by placing the table in the "summary band"...In any Ireport band, you can only add elements (i.e., Field, text objects, etc.)...

That aside, the summary band is processed only once--at the end of the report.  Usually, a report designer would use this band for charts or report totals.  The detail band processes each record in a table.

So I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do here, but if you can explain further, perhaps the folks here can help.

David

nsgupta,

My first guess is that you are using a version of JasperServer that is older than your version of iReport. Presumably it's old enough that it doesn't support the Table element. Upgrade to a later JasperReports Server (JasperServer), and you should be all set.

David,

It's true that you can only add Report Elements... like Text Field, Chart, Table, Image, etc. But "Table" is indeed one of these elements.

Regards,

Matt