Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Having problems with standalone version of iReport 4.0.2 on Windows 7

burferd

I installed iReport 4.0.2 on my Windows 7 machine and when I attempt to start the application I get an exception (see the code section for details).

I atttempted to open a new report and got another exception (see below).

Does this actually run on Windows 7 (64-bit)?

Thanks.

Code:
Exception when starting iReport:java.lang.NullPointerException	at java.awt.Dimension.<init>(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicProgressBarUI.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)	at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.NbProgressBar.getPreferredSize(NbProgressBar.java:90)	at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.StatusLineComponent.<init>(StatusLineComponent.java:137)	at org.netbeans.modules.progress.ui.ProviderImpl.getDefaultWorker(ProviderImpl.java:59)	at org.netbeans.progress.module.Controller.getProgressUIWorker(Controller.java:128)	at org.netbeans.progress.module.Controller.run(Controller.java:332)	at org.netbeans.progress.module.Controller.actionPerformed(Controller.java:357)	at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)[catch] at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:104)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)==================================================================Exception when attempting to open a new report:java.lang.NullPointerException	at org.netbeans.core.multiview.TabsComponent.setModel(TabsComponent.java:141)	at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewPeer.setMultiViewDescriptions(MultiViewPeer.java:118)	at org.netbeans.core.multiview.MultiViewCloneableTopComponent.setMultiViewDescriptions(MultiViewCloneableTopComponent.java:94)	at org.netbeans.core.spi.multiview.MultiViewFactory.createCloneableMultiView(MultiViewFactory.java:129)	at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.JrxmlEditorSupport.createPane(JrxmlEditorSupport.java:117)	at org.openide.text.CloneableEditorSupport.createCloneableTopComponent(CloneableEditorSupport.java:1158)	at org.openide.windows.CloneableOpenSupport.openCloneableTopComponent(CloneableOpenSupport.java:197)	at org.openide.windows.CloneableOpenSupport$1.run(CloneableOpenSupport.java:98)	at org.openide.util.Mutex.doEvent(Mutex.java:1335)	at org.openide.util.Mutex.writeAccess(Mutex.java:452)	at org.openide.windows.CloneableOpenSupport.open(CloneableOpenSupport.java:95)	at org.openide.text.CloneableEditorSupport.open(CloneableEditorSupport.java:437)	at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.standalone.menu.OpenFileAction.open(OpenFileAction.java:162)	at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.standalone.menu.OpenFileAction.performAction(OpenFileAction.java:133)	at org.openide.util.actions.CallableSystemAction$1.run(CallableSystemAction.java:118)	at org.netbeans.modules.openide.util.ActionsBridge.doPerformAction(ActionsBridge.java:77)	at org.openide.util.actions.CallableSystemAction.actionPerformed(CallableSystemAction.java:114)	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)[catch] at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:104)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's where my 4.0.2 was installed as well.

I might try finding 3.7.4 - right now, I'm just doing simple stuff, so an older version will probably do.

I can't get 4.0.2 to work properly as a NetBeans plugin either.

I did an install using the download.  I figured that would have the required jar files, or at least ask where to find xxx.jar.

The same download file installed and runs fine on WIndows XP.

Besides, I have no clue what jar files are needed or what to look for as missing.

I'm also running iReport 4.0.2 in Windows 7 without problems. I downloaded the file and intstalled it as you say and is working ok for me. When openning jrxml files created with older versions of iReport, the new version updates this jrxml files to 4.0.2. Are you sure you did exactly the same when installingin Xp and Windows 7?

I installed them exactly the same way on both machines.  I just clicked on the loader .exe file that I downloaded and used the defaults.  The install worked fine, but the applicaton doesn't.

I even went through the uninstall process and re-installed the application with the same results.

• 1 year later...

Check you java version and make sure your java is not upgrading automatically.

Control pannel--> programs --> java --> java -> view and manage java runtime.

iReport was working fine on my machine with window 7 and ireprot 3.7.2. and later on(After java upgrade) I got same error as mentioned above.