We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

REPORT_LOCALE doesn't work

wmolzahn

Hi,

I'm working with iReport 4.0.0 and jasperreports 4.0.0 and I have the problem that language-switching due to the runtime parameter REPORT_LOCALE does not work. Nevertheless what I fill in that parameter - the result is always the same: jasperreport uses the default-locale of my system.

The report works as desired if I switch the locale of my windows-pc - but the parameter is always ignored.

All I want to do is to transfer the REPORT_LOCALE parameter into the report. I added an additional test-output ($P{REPORT_LOCALE}.toString( ))in the report in order to see whether the arriving parameter value is corresponding to the sending value - and it is!! I can change the  REPORT_LOCALE value  - but my report does not handle it!! My report always uses the property file according to my system default. It seems that the runtime environment does not evaluate the parameter correctly ??!!

Does anyone know this bug and can help me?

Sincerly
Wilfried

Code:
void executeReportJrxml(String name) throws SQLException {        // Datenbank        Connection conn = null;        try {            conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@...", "...", "...");        } catch (SQLException sqle) {            ErrorHandler.handle(BaseLibErrorCodes.ERR_COMMON_ERROR, "Cannot connect to DB", sqle);        }        JasperPrint printout = null;        try {            // compilierten Report erzeugen            InputStream strm = TimeScheduleChartCustomizer.class.getResourceAsStream(name + ".jrxml");            if (strm == null) {                ErrorHandler.handle(BaseLibErrorCodes.ERR_COMMON_ERROR, "Could not find report" + name + ".jrxml");                return;            }            JasperReport report = JasperCompileManager.compileReport(strm);            // Parameter festlegen und den Report ausfüllen            parameters.put(JRParameter.REPORT_LOCALE, new Locale("en", "US"));            parameters.put("REPORT_TIMEZONE", sessionUser.getTimezone());            parameters.put("SUBREPORT_DIR", "com/eon/aim/reports/");            parameters.put("REPORT_USER", sessionUser.getName());            parameters.put("REPORT_USERPARAM_01", "70748,1270345,770382");            parameters.put("REPORT_USERPARAM_02", Timestamp.valueOf("2010-01-01 00:00:00"));            printout = JasperFillManager.fillReport(report, parameters, conn);        } catch (JRException jre) {            ErrorHandler.handle(BaseLibErrorCodes.ERR_COMMON_ERROR, "Problems with JasperReport", jre);        } finally {            conn.close();        }        // und ausgeben        JasperViewer.viewReport(printout);    }}

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i cant help.

but it works fine to me, what i do is

create to properties file

reports_pt_BR.properties

reports_en_US.properties

and pass the parameters

parameters.put("REPORT_RESOURCE_BUNDLE", bundle);
        parameters.put("REPORT_LOCALE", locale);

then it always worked for me, if i want to pass this to a subreport in Resource Bundle i put only reports

Dont know if this will help.  xD