We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

problem with JasperViewer

skuda

I am executing from my app JasperViewer for every .jprint file created in my application, if i leave the isExitOnClose=true it closes my application when i close the window and if i use isExitOnClose=false many times after the first usage (the first ever work) i get this errors:

sun.awt.X11.XException: Cannot write XdndAware property at sun.awt.X11.XDnDDropTargetProtocol.registerDropTarget(XDnDDropTargetProtocol.java:79) at sun.awt.X11.XDropTargetRegistry.registerDropSite(XDropTargetRegistry.java:554) at sun.awt.X11.XWindowPeer.addDropTarget(XWindowPeer.java:1633) at sun.awt.X11.XComponentPeer.addDropTarget(XComponentPeer.java:1509)at java.awt.dnd.DropTarget.addNotify(DropTarget.java:493) at java.awt.Component.addNotify(Component.java:6666) at java.awt.Container.addNotify(Container.java:2567) at javax.swing.JComponent.addNotify(JComponent.java:4685) at java.awt.Container.addNotify(Container.java:2578) at javax.swing.JComponent.addNotify(JComponent.java:4685) at java.awt.Container.addNotify(Container.java:2578) at javax.swing.JComponent.addNotify(JComponent.java:4685) at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Container.java:1068) at java.awt.Container.add(Container.java:927) at net.sf.jasperreports.view.JasperViewer.<init>(JasperViewer.java:145) at net.sf.jasperreports.view.JasperViewer.viewReport(JasperViewer.java:416) at net.sf.jasperreports.view.JasperViewer.viewReport(JasperViewer.java:380)

I am launching for now every time with java commandline to get a new jvm and can trust it but it is slow obviously slow to start a new jvm every time.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have the same problem.

The application run to Linux Ubuntu v.9.04 or v. 10.04 with JasperReport 3.7.1 and I had the problem AFTER the update of JRE from v. 1_6_22 to 1_6_24.

The problem is random, pushing the button the viewer sometimes start and view the report, sometimes I get this error:

sun.awt.X11.XException: Cannot write XdndAware property at sun.awt.X11.XDnDDropTargetProtocol.registerDropTarget(XDnDDropTargetProtocol.java:79) at ecc...

I have tried to update to JasperReport v. 4.0.1, but the result is the same.

Is there a solution or workaround?

Regards

Marco

Not that i know, but i have the same problem in my development machine (Arch Linux 2.6.37 x86_64 with java 1.6.0_24 64 bits) that in the production machine (Debian Linux 2.6.32-5-686 with java 1.6.0_22 32 bits).

Regards,

Miguel Angel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...