We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Server can not locate sub-report

evalentine

Could not load object from location : Inv_by_BTN_Sub1.jasper

This is the first of two sub-reports called. I have the reports running on iReport. Created a report unit, copied the JXML, created the imput controls on the server.

Now I am getting this error. Running 3.7 CE and iReport 3.7.6

Any suggestions?????

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a problem just last week with a main report that was able to find the subreport when running in iReport but was not after I deployed both to the server.  The post is here: http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=81073#81141

Essentially, the problems I had were: (1) I have better luck with the subreport location being the .jrxml rather than the .jasper, (2) If the subreport is deployed in the repository as a RESOURCE for the main report rather than as a stand-alone report of its own, the syntax for the subreport location is different, and (3) I got some good advice from another forum poster about how to make the subreport location VARY, depending on whether I'm running it in iReport or from within JasperServer once deployed, without having to change the jrxml.

Although I still recommend reading the full posting, the main thing I found out was that if the subreport is deployed as a resource of the main report, the format of the subreport location is a relative path like this:

"repo:SubReportName.jrxml"

When the subreport is deployed just as though it were a normal report (the repository navigator shows it under a separate folder and as "Main jrxml"), but you also want to include it as a subreport, then you use a fully qualified path that looks something like this:

"repo:/Reports/SubReportName_files/SubReportName_jrxml"

Hope that helps.

Carl