We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Samba share necesary?

jbariel

I just installed Jasper Server 3.7.0 on an Ubunutu machine and I am running through the User's Guide (I canonly find v. 3.5.0 guide). I am logging into the web interface from a Windows XP machine. I try to create the first example report through the Report Wizard, but it wants me to browse to a file on the Linux server to choose the AllAccounts.jrxml. Obviously this doesn't work.

Am I going to have to setup a samba share for this type of installation to work?

I have also previously installed iReports on this Windows machine and will need it to access the JasperServer. Is there a guide describing the best practices for setting up JasperServer (running on Linux) to be accessed from Windows Computers?

Thanks

Jason

Post Edited by jbariel at 09/14/2010 23:36

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jason,

You should be able to find the AllAccounts.jrxml in a location similar to the following. I think that the User Guide is using a linux style path so that it doesn't have to specify two paths (ie linux and windows), with the idea being the windows path would be generally similar.

Try:

<js-install-dir>/samples/reports/AllAccounts.jrxml

Like my test install here:

C:\Program Files\jasperserver-ce-3.7.1\samples\reports

Regarding iReport connecting to JasperServer, if you downloaded and installed using the installer ireport is included (if you take the default install). iReport is pre-configured with a jasperserver plugin that allows iReport to access the jasperserver WebServices interface. So, you can upload, update, and even run reports this way.

So, make sure your JasperServer is running. Then, start iReport.

Go the the menu:

Window > JasperServer Repository

Now, on the left side of the screen you should see a pane: Repository Navigator

Click on the little computer icon with a green plus sign. Then, give the server a name "My Server" (or something)

The type in the jasperserver username and password. Something like jasperadmin/jasperadmin.

This info should be documented in the iReport guide too.

Jasperserver IS on a linux machine. It is installed on a Server running Ubunutu Server 10 so the path is /opt/jasperserver-ce-3.7.0/samples/reports/AllAccounts.jrxml which I cannot browse to from windows. I am trying to access it through the web interface and through Ireports on a Windows XP machine.

Post Edited by jbariel at 09/15/2010 21:03

Post Edited by jbariel at 09/15/2010 21:04