We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

js.mail.properties cannot find.

thessa

hi,

Have anyone experienced this in the jasperserver.log?

2010-08-13 10:19:31,125 ERROR ContextLoader,main:215 - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializationException: Could not load properties; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/js.mail.properties]

When I tried to find the file js.mail.properties in C:\Program Files\jasperserver-ce-3.7.0\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver\WEB-INF

its not there... seems like the jasperserver package does not have this file by default..

any advised or help is great.

Attached is the log file.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the scheduled job and corresponding mail server configuration is contained mostly in the js.quartz.properties file (because the scheduling functionality is handled by the quartz tool). Other related files are js.quartz.base.properties and js.scheduling.properties.

We used to have a file named js.mail.properties in an older version of jasperserver. I'm not sure why you are seeing this ERROR message...!

Could it be that you migrated some of your reports (and the associated scheduled jobs) from an older system to 3.7.0?

It would be nice to get a hint about where this is coming from... Maybe the thing to do would be to increase your log4j logging level (but you would have to restart your server to do this). If this error happens on a regular basis you could set your logging level to DEBUG or INFO. You would get a lot of output. But probably the scheduled job would be identified.

You could also set a logger to debug for a specific class (but not sure of the exact class). Probably all of the jasperserver classes would turn up something:

log4j.logger.com.jaspersoft=debug

Section 3.5 of the Install Guide has some info on log4j.properties.

Also, if you don't mind, you should write a tracker item on this. Definitely a bug.

I have tested the Enterprise version of JasperServer previously and the same problem was encountered, thus I uninstalled the Enterprise version and resorted to the CE version. This error surfaced when I tried to start JasperServer, I have yet to import any reports.

In log4j.properties (see attached), I've changed

# Global logging configuration
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout, fileout

and added

log4j.logger.com.jaspersoft=debug

and obtained the jasperserverlog as attached

cannot understand the errors...if any.

need further advise.