Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Cannot Connect to Datasource to Make Simple Mod

dmfelder

My company uses ReadyShipper (TrueShip) Jasper forms for shipping labels.  I need to make a few tiny mods to an existing label, but I cannot connect to the proper data source. 

ReadyShipper comes with several integrated labels (Jasper) that have a primary form containing the shipping label, and a sub-form containing the package contents.  On the primary form, all I need to do is move one field from the right to the left, and add an image to the form.

I successfully did this last year, but my harddrive crashed, so now I'm tasked with rebuilding it.  I can open it in iReport (as I did last time), but when I go to compile, I continually get Filling Errors, and ReadyShipper claims an unrecoginizable URL.  I presume that's because I have been unsuccessful connecting to the proper data source.

If I can connect, I believe the pieces will fall back in place;  but, at this point, I have lost my mind because I've been trying to solve this critical problem since last Thursday.  Is there an easy way to figure out the proper connection?  Is it even required?  Is there a way to compile a report without actually connecting or validating the data?

In case you were wondering, I tried to restore my harddrive, and even used Seagate remote assistance yesterday to no avail.  Also, yes I am a newbie, but if it makes anyone feel better I am an extremely active participant in ZenCart Forums...so any help would be greatly appreciated.

A BIG Thanks,

David

P.S.  ReadyShipper is downloadable at www.TrueShip.com.  If someone wants to play around and help, I could probably compensate.

Post Edited by dmfelder at 08/12/2010 14:40

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic