We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

IReport:text box to escape charater like ''-''

nithyanand11

In ireport, if am try to display a string like "1234567890-abcdefgh" in text box with width - "15",  but its just showing

"1234567890-     " remaining "abcdefgh"  was skipped and displayed in second line.. but i need to display like

"1234567890-abcd" , just to display the string as much space available. please help which escaping method will be suitable to

handle this scenario.

-thanks in advance

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you, but still am having some issues. i gave "JRPrintText.getFullText($F{HOSTNAME})" in Text Fieldexpression.. i got

Error:

Compilation exceptions: com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.ErrorsCollector@136d4 net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file:
1. The method getFullText() in the type JRPrintText is not applicable for the arguments (String)                
        value = (java.lang.String)(JRPrintText.getFullText(((java.lang.String)field_MYTEXT.getValue()))); //$JR_EXPR_ID=28$

i saw many functions but it will very mush helpful to me if i got some examples or any sample implementation

thanks

Why would you use that expression for the text field?  If you want to use the property that I pointed to, all you have to do is to set the property at report or element level as below.

Regards,

Lucian

Code:
<jasperReport ...><property name="net.sf.jasperreports.text.truncate.at.char" value="true"/>...<textField>  <reportElement>    <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.text.truncate.at.char" value="true"/>  </reportElement>...

• 1 month later...