Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Pie Chart slices don't link to sections in report

partizan1

Hello,

I'm having difficulty understanding why the slices of my pie chart don't work as described by the "Jaspersoft Ultimate Guide for iReport". I read the tutorials and still doesn't work as I thought it would. 

I'm trying to make it so that a click on a pie slice will take the reader down to the details of my report that correspond to that slice. Such as I have slices for different colors - green, red, yellow. My data is organized based on each of those colors.

I have my pie chart details set as follow:

1. Pie Chart "Section hyperlink" tab.

a) Hyperlink target = "Self"

b) Hyperlink type = "LocalAnchor"

c) Hyperlink Anchor Expression = "$F{COLOR}"

2. Down in my report Color_Group_COUNT (Group band), I have organized the data per each color. For my "$F{COLOR}" variable which is added on the Color_Group_COUNT (Group band), I have specified under the Hyperlink property:

a) Anchor Name Expression = "$F{COLOR}" (so that the pie chart slice knows what section in the report it should go to).

After I load my report, the pie slices are not even clickable. Nothing happens when I click on them, and they don't take me down in my report group section for the color slice clicked on.

How can I make the clicks on the slices of my pie chart to go down to the color section that correspond to the pie slice that user has clicked on?

Please help,

partizan1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

We're trying to generate a pdf report with a chart that outlines different severities - High, Midium, Low and None. Please see the attached jrxml file.

Thanks for looking into it, Lucian.

partizan1

Post Edited by partizan1 at 07/06/2010 21:25

Post Edited by partizan1 at 07/07/2010 20:36

• 8 years later...