We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

ClassCastException when using LDAP

srinath

I am getting the following error when using LDAP auth. As far as I can see the information is coming back from the Ldap server and then this error occurs.
If I use an internal user, everything works fine.

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx cannot be cast to org.springframework.ldap.core.DirContextAdapter
org.springframework.security.ldap.SpringSecurityLdapTemplate$2.mapFromContext(SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.java:154)
org.springframework.ldap.core.ContextMapperCallbackHandler.getObjectFromNameClassPair(ContextMapperCallbackHandler.java:67)
org.springframework.ldap.core.CollectingNameClassPairCallbackHandler.handleNameClassPair(CollectingNameClassPairCallbackHandler.java:50)
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:297)
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:259)
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:606)
org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:524)
org.springframework.security.ldap.SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.searchForSingleAttributeValues(SpringSecurityLdapTemplate.java:170)
org.springframework.security.ldap.populator.DefaultLdapAuthoritiesPopulator.getGroupMembershipRoles(DefaultLdapAuthoritiesPopulator.java:206)
org.springframework.security.ldap.populator.DefaultLdapAuthoritiesPopulator.getGrantedAuthorities(DefaultLdapAuthoritiesPopulator.java:179)
org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider.loadUserAuthorities(LdapAuthenticationProvider.java:243)
org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(LdapAuthenticationProvider.java:231)
org.springframework.security.providers.ProviderManager.doAuthentication(ProviderManager.java:188)
org.springframework.security.AbstractAuthenticationManager.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:46)
org.springframework.security.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilter.attemptAuthentication(AuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:82)
org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:258)
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:175)
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:390)
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.logging.filter.BasicLoggingFilter.doFilter(BasicLoggingFilter.java:53)
org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:99)
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:67)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236)
org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks to be an issue with fetching LDAP Group Memebership.  If the user is not a member of any group then login works just fine.  

The other thing is that this looks to be related to the way SPRING is loaded, and classloaders.  Like the LDAP stuff is geting loaded outside of the rest of the stuff.   Hence the casting error.

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx cannot be cast to org.springframework.ldap.core.DirContextAdapter

• 3 weeks later...

I had same error. It was caused by an error in configuration for the ldapAuthenticationProvider bean.

When I specified value for the the groupSearchFilter property, I had :

<property name="groupSearchFilter"><value>(&(memberUid={1})(objectclass=posixGroup))</value></property>

instead of

<property name="groupSearchFilter"><value>(&(uniqueMember={1})(objectclass=posixGroup))</value></property>

I made the mistake of copying the configuration details  I had used from the configuration of JasperServer3.5 . You need to use "uniqueMember" insetad of "memberIid"