We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Would like to contribute to JasperReports project

sudmong

Hi ,

I am java guy. I would like to start contributing to Jasper project. May be I can start with fixing some minor bugs. 

I couldn't find much information about contribution. Can someone please help to start with this?

Thanks,

Sudhir

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ,

I tried to look for documentation about becoming a contributor to jasper. I was expecting some documentation providing me process details and guidelines.  But I couldn't find any./tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/omg_smile.gif

I am able to checkout the project from SVN and done with setup the same in Eclipse. Do we have any suggestions to use any IDE for working on jasperreports?

Now next step is I could to contrinute some code in the project. Probably I can start with some bug fix or minor feature addition.

Can someone help me in this?

- Sudhir

Hi,

We gave a short explanation about how to contribute here:

http://jasperforge.org//uploads/publish/jasperreportswebsite/trunk/roadmap.html

You either have a bug or a request for enhancemnt that you plan to solve yourself, or you can pick one open by others here:

http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperreports/tracker/myview

Once you solve it, you create an SVN patch with your code modifications and post it as a patch at the same location.

We'll take it from there, evaluate it and hopefully integrate it into the core project.

Thank you,

Teodor