We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to replace jasperreport API with jasperServer?

sealier

Hi, All,

Recently I am working on an online quotation generation system, we want to switch to jasperServer 3.7.0 instead of using the current jasperreport local API jasperreport 1.2.5.

To generating the quotation pdf report, the system will create an xml file first to carry all the computed data needed by the quotation report. This xml is the datasource of the report template.

My question is, how can I integrate my current system with JasperServer? how can I pass or configure all the necessary info to Jasperserver so it knows where it is the jrxml, the xml datasource and the internalization i18n property file ..etc? Can the web service provided by JasperServer take in all the data?

Please advise or provide some similar example link if you happen to have.. Thanks a lot !!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question, does JasperServer provide resource management feature for report generation? such as whether it manages the report generation requests? like opening multiple ports to monitor the reuqests and put them in Queue?

I have just released a patch for JasperServer 3.7.0 that allows the JasperReports XML data source to run in JasperServer. You can get it here http://jasperforge.org/plugins/mwiki/index.php/Jasperserverpatches/JasperServer_3.7.0_Patches_and_Extensions

The XML file can be on a file system pretty much anywhere: local server file system, HTTP, FTP, or in the JasperServer repository.

You create a "report unit" in JasperServer that links the data source, the JRXML, scriptlet JARs, resource bundles, and report parameter definitions. This is stored in the repository and configured for the report when it needs to run.

I don't understand what you describe to be a resource management feature. Do you mean limiting the number of reports running at any one time, prioritorizing them etc?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Hi Thanks a lot for your reply! Sherman.

I have downloaded the patch and read the document.

I have one further question on the XML datasource part.

In our system, the xml datasource file is generated on the fly based on users' input from webpage and the calculation logic implemented in our app. Different users may use the same templates to generate their own quotation reports based on their input.

So for one report unit defined in the JasperServer,

I need to dynamically link different xml datasource files for different users.

However, from the documentation, it looks like only one static link is allowed

at the moment( Please correct me if my understanding is wrong)?

If this is true, Is there any workaround? Please help. Thanks a lot.

• 4 months later...

That would be great for a more general purpose objective: create reports based on Talend/JasperEtl Jobs deployed as webservices.

In the url $P parameters can be passed as Talend Context variables.

Inside the job, arbitrarily complex tasks can get the data from various sources and create mashups, and an XML response is generated.

This response will be displayed in a report using an XPath Query...

• 1 year later...

I read   "You create a "report unit" in JasperServer that links the data source, the JRXML, scriptlet JARs, resource bundles, and report parameter definitions. This is stored in the repository and configured for the report when it needs to run."

I created the report on Jasperserver(the reports works in iReport with a static XML as datasource). My question is how do I create a datasource for this report in Jasperserver? I would like to  work with dynamics file names as datasource. 

In the reaction on this topic I read that working with XML datasource is possible but I'm stuck on how to define the datasource in Jasperserver.

Could you help me?

I'm working with jasperserver 4.2.1 ce.

Swen