We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperanalysis workbench wont launch

ryn6

Hi! i have jasperserver on the server it has mysql on it. my problem is when i start the workbench form my laptop and start the workbench.bat file it just opens for half a second and it closes. hope i that you can help me with this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have Java installed on the machine? You need to set the JAVA_HOME variable to point to the installed Java home directory.

if you run the workbench.bat from the command line, you will see details of why it failed.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this is what I got trying to run the workbench, any help is much appreciated

Code:
C:\alex\Distrib\Jasper\workbench_new>workbench.batJasperAnalysis Workbench launch scriptException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: mondrian/gui/Workbench (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Tried setting up JAVA_HOME as suggested on other thread, did not help

These are my current settings, all looking at existing directory with Java runtime environment 1.5

CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
JAVA_HOME=C:\program files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\

I can cd to this folder, works fine

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

I have this error when I try to run the workbench.sh in my mac console :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: mondrian/gui/Workbench
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mondrian.gui.Workbench
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

I mention that I edited my class path in .bash_profile, and added there the path of the java and the path of the jasperAnalysis.

So have you a suggestion for me please ?