We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Working with groups in a pie chart

rapthor

Hello community,

I experimented with groups and representing them in a pie chart running into a problem:

I added a group named "AGED_ABOVE_18" defined by a boolean expression like $F{AGE}>18. I was adding a pie chart that should display 2 slices, containing the number of group elements of each group (there will be only 2 groups depending on whether the group expression is true or false). In the end I want the pie chart to show me a slice of people aged > 18 and a slice showing people aged <= 18.

Now I am getting confused what I would have to insert into the 3 editors in the Details tab of the pie chart.

Key expression (???)

Value expression (The number of records matching either true or false. - $V{AGED_ABOVE_18_COUNT} ???)

Label expression (The number of records matching either true or false. - $V{AGED_ABOVE_18_COUNT} ???)

Furthermore which Reset Type (Group - AGED_ABOVE_18 ???) and Increment Type (None ???) is correct?

Thank you in advance!

Post Edited by rapthor at 11/12/2009 12:59

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

no that does not really help because the main dataset already takes quite long to be processed. Another database call just for the sub dataset would take similarily long.

Is there a possibility to work on the same data set and still create this pie chart by processing the resulting records?